First up, let’s say “Well done Regional Victoria!” Now we’re at Step 3 out of lockdown.
However, that doesn’t mean that The Q Train is going to be opening up straight away. Although some other restaurants can open now, we have lots of things to consider, not least how to make social distancing measure work in a carriage that is 2.5 meters wide!
We hope to reopen under the COVID Normal restrictions, it is unlikely to be before then. Once we know more about what that will look like, then we can make our decisions. We know this is disappointing (for us too!) but we’ve got to be safe.
We’re not taking any bookings at the moment, because we just don’t know when we can reopen. We appreciate your patience as we await clarity of what COVID normal will look like.
In the meantime, please consider the following important points:
- All bookings that have been made for the train in the pre COVID era, have automatically been made “open ended”. When we are again taking bookings (and we will let you know!), simply call us and quote your original booking number, and we will move them to your new choice. We would love to send a heartfelt thankyou to all of you who agree to postpone not cancel – it is your amazing support that allows us to be able to feel confident about the future, unlike so many other small businesses in tourism and hospitality.
- All gift vouchers will be extended for a period that is equal to the entire period of the closure. You don’t need to contact us about this, we will do it automatically for all voucher holders.
- If you need to contact us, please email rather than phone – as we are closed and all our staff are on job keeper, we routinely check our email weekly, but do not always have someone on the phone.
- Finally, we are working harder to make sure to open better than ever, restoring our beautiful steam engine, 3620. She has just had her first trial run which you can see below, and many of you turned out to see her proud debut!
- Follow us on Facebook or Instagram to keep in touch!!
Stay well, stay safe, and we look forward to celebrating with you when the madness has passed!!
You might also like
- Our Summer Plans
- COVID-19 – Our response
- Statement from CEO in regard to COVID-19
- 3AW Grubby & Andrew Radio Interview