The Q Train – Terms and Conditions for Private Bookings
February 2021 - Version 3
When make a booking to travel on The Q Train, all guests agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
- The Q Train is a trading name of Total Quality Solutions Pty Ltd (TQS) ACN 075 974 953
- A ‘Private Booking’ is a booking made via our online booking system or via phone or via email, or via a 3rd party online booking platform or agency for less than 20 guests.
- A ‘Private Group Booking’ is a booking made by an individual or unincorporated group (ie. unincorporated social group or private party) that has exclusive use of one or more carriage and/or the entire train
- A ‘Corporate Group Booking’ is a booking made by an organisation that:
- Has 20 or more guests AND/OR
- Has exclusive use of one or more carriages AND/OR
- Has charged commission AND/OR
- Has been organised via a Tour Group
The terms and conditions below apply to Private Bookings. For Private Group Bookings and Corporate Group Bookings, please refer to the The Q Train – Terms and Conditions for Private and/or Corporate Group Bookings
COVID-Safe Conditions of Travel
The Q Train is compliant with the Victorian State Government’s Hospitality Industry Guidelines for coronavirus (COVID-19), implemented to keep our guests and community safe.
Please note: The Q Train will not use any information gathered as part of this compliance for any other purpose than contact tracing as per government requirements.
- Travel is conditional on the guest completing the booking section entitled ‘COVID-Safe Requirement’ and including the full name and phone number for each attending guest. Failure to do so will result in the booking being cancelled.
- Each guest must scan the QR code on arrival, or fill out our contact tracing forms provided on board
- When asked, please provide ID showing your current residential address, to assist with contact tracing
- Guests must wear a fitted face mask on arrival and while moving through the train and remove it only when seated, unless a valid exemption applies
- Arrive on time for your reservation, so density restrictions can be met
- Sanitise your hands before entering the train and at regular intervals throughout your visit
- Remain seated throughout your meal, except to visit the bathroom
- Help us keep you and others safe when you visit. Follow the advice of authorities and stay home if you are feeling unwell, or if travelling from a government declared coronavirus hotspot. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER the train if you have experienced any of the following:
- Fever or symptoms of respiratory infection (cough, sore throat, shortness of breath)
- Returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- Been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19: (coronavirus) in the last 14 days
- Change to Cancellation Policy
- Given the current circumstances we rely on adequate notice being given for changes or cancellations of bookings.
- We understand, due to health and/or unforeseen circumstances, it may be necessary to cancel/postpone. Therefore, we have altered our cancellation policy until further notice to:
- The Q Train does not offer refunds, however payment does not need to be made until 7 days before travel
- Cancellations before 7 days incur no penalty
- Cancellations with more than 24 hours notice, but less than 7 days, will have their booking transferred to a credit for use within 365 days
- Cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice before the date of dining, or no shows, will incur full loss of monies paid.
- At least 24 hours’ notice for booking alterations, reduction in numbers or change of date is required in order to avoid the cancellation fee.
If you have any queries or concerns about our COVID-19 processes, please email us.
Conditions of Travel
- Travel is valid only for the guest named, number of guests noted and for the date and the scheduled times specified.
- Guests must be at the stated place of departure not later than 15 minutes prior to the stated departure time. Should a guest fail to meet this requirement, and as a consequence miss the departure, they will forfeit the full cost of their ticket.
- The Q Train runs in all weather conditions; however, The Q Train may cancel, interrupt or stop due to dangerous situations, adverse weather, fire danger, mechanical breakdown, or any other causes beyond our reasonable control. The Q Train does not guarantee the train journey as advertised, and reserves the right to change the schedule of the journey at its sole discretion, where The Q Train considers it necessary for the safety and welfare of the train, its guests or its staff. In some circumstances, The Q Train may offer a substitute reservation at another time.
- Guests acknowledge that The Q Train has the sole and absolute discretion to vary the schedule for any reason The Q Train considers it necessary for the safety and welfare of the train, its guests or its staff.
- Q Class dining cars provide fixed table seating for groups of two or four, and we have two tables that seat six. Due to structure and space restrictions, there is no provision for moving tables and there is limited fixed space between the front of the table and the back of the chair. If you require more space, please mention this prior to travel.
- Due to limited kitchen space onboard The Q Train, advance notice is required for dietary requirements. Dietary requests cannot be accommodated without arrangement 48 hours prior.
- The Q Train reserves the right in its absolute discretion to:
- refuse entry or eject any guest whom The Q Train reasonably deems their behaviour to be unacceptable; including inappropriate attire breaching “smart casual” dress code.
- refuse to serve alcohol to any guest in accordance with the Responsible Service of Alcohol laws.
- charge the customer a reasonable cost for cleaning and/or repair in the case of damage being caused by the customer’s negligence or intoxication.
- The Q Train cannot make provision for small children. This restriction has been carefully considered in the interests of health and safety. Guests acknowledge that arriving with a baby or small child will result in forfeiture of booking and no refund will be given.
- Guests bring personal effects onto The Q Train at their own risk. The Q Train will not be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of a guest’s personal property. Any lost property will be kept for one month, after which it will be donated to a local charity.
- Only vouchers issued by The Q Train are valid to be redeemed. These vouchers can be identified by their unique voucher number, their expiry date, and the use of The Q Train livery.
- The Q Train’s refund policy has changed due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please see Point 9 above in COVID-Safe Conditions of Travel
- Guests board The Q Train at their own risk. The Q Train will not be responsible for any loss, damage (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) or injury however else it may arise, including but not limited to being from a pre-existing medical condition, a breach of these conditions or as a result of the guest’s behaviour.
- The Bellarine Railway and The Q Train hold appropriate Public Liability insurances.
- Reservation conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria and the guest hereby agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the said State.
- The guest acknowledges that during the period of carriage, The Q Train is operated under the jurisdiction of TQS or its appointed representatives. The contemporaneous condition of carriage by the TQS or its representatives, govern the rights and duties of the guest, except insofar as they are in conflict with the conditions above.
- A safety briefing is given to all guests before departures.
- There are two exit doors per carriage of The Q Train. There is one exit door in the Club Loco Bar Car. Should evacuation be required, guests must follow the instructions of The Q Train and Bellarine Railway staff.
- There are fire extinguishers in the Queenscliff end of every carriage of The Q Train.
- First aid facilities are available. The Train Manager on duty is the First Aid Officer.
- If you have any food allergies, please notify The Q Train when booking.
- The Q Train does not have an EpiPen or similar on board. If you recognise that you may require one, please ensure you bring it with you.