The Q Train – Terms and Conditions for Private Bookings
March 2020 – Version 2
When make a booking to travel on The Q Train, all guests agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
- The Q Train is a trading name of Total Quality Solutions Pty Ltd (TQS) ACN 075 974 953
- A ‘Private Booking’ is a booking made via our online booking system or via phone or via email, or via a 3rd party online booking platform or agency for less than 20 guests.
- A ‘Private Group Booking’ is a booking made by an individual or unincorporated group (ie. unincorporated social group or private party) that has exclusive use of one or more carriage and/or the entire train
- A ‘Corporate Group Booking’ is a booking made by an organisation that:
- Has 20 or more guests AND/OR
- Has exclusive use of one or more carriages AND/OR
- Has charged commission AND/OR
- Has been organised via a Tour Group
The terms and conditions below apply to Private Bookings. For Private Group Bookings and Corporate Group Bookings, please refer to the The Q Train – Terms and Conditions for Private and/or Corporate Group Bookings
CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
- Travel is valid only for the guest named, number of guests noted and for the date and the scheduled times specified.
- Guests must be at the stated place of departure not later than 15 minutes prior to the stated departure time. Should a guest fail to meet this requirement, and as a consequence miss the departure, they will forfeit the full cost of their ticket.
- The Q Train runs in all weather conditions; however, The Q Train may cancel, interrupt or stop due to dangerous situations, adverse weather, fire danger, mechanical breakdown, or any other causes beyond our reasonable control. The Q Train does not guarantee the train journey as advertised, and reserves the right to change the schedule of the journey at its sole discretion, where The Q Train considers it necessary for the safety and welfare of the train, its guests or its staff. In some circumstances, The Q Train may offer a substitute reservation at another time.
- Guests acknowledge that The Q Train has the sole and absolute discretion to vary the schedule for any reason The Q Train considers it necessary for the safety and welfare of the train, its guests or its staff.
- Q Class dining cars provide fixed table seating for groups of two or four, and we have two tables that seat six. Due to structure and space restrictions, there is no provision for moving tables and there is limited fixed space between the front of the table and the back of the chair. If you require more space, please mention this prior to travel.
- Due to limited kitchen space onboard The Q Train, advance notice is required for dietary requirements. Dietary requests cannot be accommodated without arrangement 48 hours prior.
- The Q Train reserves the right in its absolute discretion to:
- refuse entry or eject any guest whom The Q Train reasonably deems their behaviour to be unacceptable; including inappropriate attire breaching “smart casual” dress code.
- refuse to serve alcohol to any guest in accordance with the Responsible Service of Alcohol laws.
- charge the customer a reasonable cost for cleaning and/or repair in the case of damage being caused by the customer’s negligence or intoxication.
- The Q Train cannot make provision for small children. This restriction has been carefully considered in the interests of health and safety. Guests acknowledge that arriving with a baby or small child will result in forfeiture of booking and no refund will be given.
- Guests bring personal effects onto The Q Train at their own risk. The Q Train will not be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of a guest’s personal property. Any lost property will be kept for one month, after which it will be donated to a local charity.
- Only vouchers issued by The Q Train are valid to be redeemed. These vouchers can be identified by their unique voucher number, their expiry date, and the use of The Q Train livery.
- The Q Train does not offer refunds, however changes to bookings may be made as follows:
- If the notice is in excess of 72 hours then we will reschedule you on a journey at the time of your choosing, subject to availability.
- Cancellations made less than 72 prior to travel will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Guests board The Q Train at their own risk. The Q Train will not be responsible for any loss, damage (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) or injury however else it may arise, including but not limited to being from a pre-existing medical condition, a breach of these conditions or as a result of the guest’s behaviour.
- The Bellarine Railway and The Q Train hold appropriate Public Liability insurances.
- Reservation conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria and the guest hereby agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the said State.
- The guest acknowledges that during the period of carriage, The Q Train is operated under the jurisdiction of TQS or its appointed representatives. The contemporaneous condition of carriage by the TQS or its representatives, govern the rights and duties of the guest, except insofar as they are in conflict with the conditions above.
- A safety briefing is given to all guests before departures.
- There are two exit doors per carriage of The Q Train. There is one exit door in the Club Loco Bar Car. Should evacuation be required, guests must follow the instructions of The Q Train and Bellarine Railway staff.
- There are fire extinguishers in the Queenscliff end of every carriage of The Q Train.
- First aid facilities are available. The Train Manager on duty is the First Aid Officer.
- If you have any food allergies, please notify The Q Train when booking.
- The Q Train does not have an EpiPen or similar on board. If you recognise that you may require one, please ensure you bring it with you.